Happy birthday BlenderKit!
Our BlenderKit is no longer a kitten. Today we celebrate one year and so much has happened.
Here is a short list of our coolest achievements:
- Over 160 artists uploaded assets to our website. A big team indeed!
- The artists uploaded over 2,000 assets. Over 50% of these assets can be found in the free section.
- Over 23,000 users registered to BlenderKit. Additionally, there are anonymous users using the add-on.
- And no worries, the add-on went through many improvements. Fewer bugs and more things to play with.
- The add-on is now shipped with Blender. Just one click and you get all the goodies, no registration needed. Can it get any better?
- Well, yes, it can! Because we are also Diamond subscribers to Blender Development Fund and we (you) already sent €2000 to make every Blender artist a bit happier.
- Our website also got better. There is a gallery. There are articles and tutorials. Soon there will be even more updates.
- And maybe you saw us at the Blender conference 2019? We were there to present our kitten.
For more info, please check our blog and see our kitten grows:Read more articles
We invite you to celebrate with us! As a present, grab this free cake model and use it in your scenes, or take any other of the 1000+ free assets that our creators give you.
Join the 400 awesome people supporting our creators. The happy birthday discounts will last until the 20th of November.
Enjoy!Get 20% off
See next articles
With every new release of Blender we also try to improve BlenderKit. Here's what we done for you this time.
BlenderKit is now two years old. It’s a real thrill and you are all invited to celebrate with us. meow!
Check our new video tutorial on how to activate and use BlenderKit in Blender 2.9
Simple card and recurring payments are coming to BlenderKit.
We created the first of the BlenderKit artists interviews with Julio Sillet, who has uploaded many great materials to our website.
All the models, brushes, add-ons and materials for you to browse online. And if you find what you were looking for? Get it.
We are happy to announce that BlenderKit database now offers over 1000 assets. These were uploaded by over 60 active creators.
BlenderKit is now just one click away, as a 'default' material library inside Blender 2.8
Literally every area you step in Blender requires you to learn a lot of new tools and information, and that's why we implemented several 'shortcuts' for convenience and speed.
Stones, rocks, pieces of wood can be sometimes photoscanned. But plants are still a domain of hard-core modeling. This really takes time, skill and precision, and a lot of observation what "natural" really means.
We just recently released a set of 9 texture-based PBR cycles materials.
We are trying to help you, blenderheads, to save your time while achieving best results possible. Wallpaper textures can really boost interior renders, but do you already have those on your hard drive?
As a late Christmas gift, we are releasing our BlenderKit mascot kitten for free. Now, you can make any scene insta-cute! The kitten is poseable and can be animated (by now 2.79 only, because of a hair-import bug in 2.8 beta).
BlenderKit introduces add-on for Blender 2.8. While there are still many changes in Blender happening, which may cause the add-on will work today and not tomorrow, the add-on should be mostly working fine, and we try to keep the new version updated with the latest Blender builds.
We are happy to announce the release of something we've been working on for a long time.
BlenderKit is a new online platform made for Blender users, creators, and developers. We hope to bring a new momentum into the open source world by introducing several innovations we've been working on.