Validation comments for creators
We have some good news for our creators. We are switching our validation system from e-mails to comments!
This means since now, you’ll get comments directly under your assets on the server, and also can comment directly from Blender in the detailed asset view.
Features and advantages of the new comments:
- In case of successful validation, you’ll receive a notification on the status change only.
- If an asset gets the ‘on hold’ or ‘rejected’ state, you should receive a comment, with tips for improvement.
- All the tips now lead to one of the mini-tutorials or explanations on most common upload problems page. There’s a big advantage in having these as web pages, because each issue can have images or videos and a better explanation.
- The discussion is by default set to public, so that after validation, other users might see it. You can switch the thread to private anytime. The default ‘public’ state is there so that new creators can see and learn from other’s validation comments and see how we do the validation process.
- A big advantage should be that validators and you don’t loose context, because the discussion happens directly under the asset.
We hope this change will improve our communication and your happiness. It will be also more clear for new creators, since for some our e-mails ended accidentally in spam folders previously.
See next articles
We are always busy working on our add-on, and we have a new release of our add-on for you! Know that we've rewritten a huge part of the add-on to make it work great for everyone.
We are glad to introduce the Texture Resolutions feature in Blender 2.92. If you have a small GPU memory or want to create much larger scenes, this is the feature you’ve been waiting for.
We created the first of the BlenderKit artists interviews with Julio Sillet, who has uploaded many great materials to our website.
Literally every area you step in Blender requires you to learn a lot of new tools and information, and that's why we implemented several 'shortcuts' for convenience and speed.
Stones, rocks, pieces of wood can be sometimes photoscanned. But plants are still a domain of hard-core modeling. This really takes time, skill and precision, and a lot of observation what "natural" really means.
We are trying to help you, blenderheads, to save your time while achieving best results possible. Wallpaper textures can really boost interior renders, but do you already have those on your hard drive?
As a late Christmas gift, we are releasing our BlenderKit mascot kitten for free. Now, you can make any scene insta-cute! The kitten is poseable and can be animated (by now 2.79 only, because of a hair-import bug in 2.8 beta).
BlenderKit introduces add-on for Blender 2.8. While there are still many changes in Blender happening, which may cause the add-on will work today and not tomorrow, the add-on should be mostly working fine, and we try to keep the new version updated with the latest Blender builds.
We are happy to announce the release of something we've been working on for a long time.
BlenderKit is a new online platform made for Blender users, creators, and developers. We hope to bring a new momentum into the open source world by introducing several innovations we've been working on.