BlenderKit in Blender 2.8
We are happy to announce that since 29.3.2019 BlenderKit add-on is now in Blender 2.8 development builds. So no more downloading of the add-on from our website.
We started this adventure with the wish to bring something great to all Blender 3D users, as free as possible, and with maximum quality and the possibility to be sustainable at the same time.
For us, these targets are:
- Bring a free material and brush library to Blender.
- Make every ones workflow considerably faster.
- Make the library sustainable by selling subscriptions.
- Create a financial channel for other Blender artists and coders, that will be able to motivate the growth of the database, while keeping a large part of BlenderKit free for everyone.
- Support and help with Blender development.
Besides committing the code (which we promise to improve continuously), we also subscribed to Blender Development Fund as Diamond sponsors.
See our new EEVEE presentation to see where BlenderKit got in the past several months:
We are happy to announce that BlenderKit database now offers over 1000 assets. These were uploaded by over 60 active creators.
How to get great Ivy in 5 minutes.
BlenderKit introduces add-on for Blender 2.8. While there are still many changes in Blender happening, which may cause the add-on will work today and not tomorrow, the add-on should be mostly working fine, and we try to keep the new version updated with the latest Blender builds.
We are happy to announce the release of something we've been working on for a long time.
BlenderKit is a new online platform made for Blender users, creators, and developers. We hope to bring a new momentum into the open source world by introducing several innovations we've been working on.