Happy birthday BlenderKit!
BlenderKit is now two years old. It’s a real thrill and you are all invited to celebrate with us. meow!
There is so much to celebrate. Let’s start with a shortlist of our coolest achievements:
- Over 370 artists uploaded assets to our website. A big team indeed!
- The artists uploaded over 5,000 assets. Over 57% of these assets can be used for free.
- Over 85,000 artists registered to BlenderKit. Additionally, there are many more artists using the add-on without registration.
- The add-on went through many improvements. Fewer bugs and much more to play with. Can it get any better?
- Well, yes! We managed to implement Recurring payments. Enjoying Full Plan is easier than ever before.
- Thanks to your subscriptions, we sent over 7000€ to the Blender Development Fund. Good job on making every Blender artist a bit happier!
- We published several tutorial videos especially for you: What is Bevel?, How to Bevel?, Activation and basic usage in Blender 2.9.
- The amazing BlenderKit community released many more tutorials: this or this, and much more!
- We continuously improve our web pages, currently focusing on Creators and Documentation… And we dream on!
Now, the best part of every celebration - presents!
To celebrate, we released 25 more of our in-house created assets as free for everyone.
We also have a birthday discount! Join the 1,416 awesome people supporting our creators and discover many more assets by subscribing to Full Plan. Our discount will last until the 22th of November 2020.
Birthday present - free assets:
See next articles
We are always busy working on our add-on, and we have a new release of our add-on for you! Know that we've rewritten a huge part of the add-on to make it work great for everyone.
We are glad to introduce the Texture Resolutions feature in Blender 2.92. If you have a small GPU memory or want to create much larger scenes, this is the feature you’ve been waiting for.
We created the first of the BlenderKit artists interviews with Julio Sillet, who has uploaded many great materials to our website.
Literally every area you step in Blender requires you to learn a lot of new tools and information, and that's why we implemented several 'shortcuts' for convenience and speed.
Stones, rocks, pieces of wood can be sometimes photoscanned. But plants are still a domain of hard-core modeling. This really takes time, skill and precision, and a lot of observation what "natural" really means.
We are trying to help you, blenderheads, to save your time while achieving best results possible. Wallpaper textures can really boost interior renders, but do you already have those on your hard drive?
As a late Christmas gift, we are releasing our BlenderKit mascot kitten for free. Now, you can make any scene insta-cute! The kitten is poseable and can be animated (by now 2.79 only, because of a hair-import bug in 2.8 beta).
BlenderKit introduces add-on for Blender 2.8. While there are still many changes in Blender happening, which may cause the add-on will work today and not tomorrow, the add-on should be mostly working fine, and we try to keep the new version updated with the latest Blender builds.
We are happy to announce the release of something we've been working on for a long time.
BlenderKit is a new online platform made for Blender users, creators, and developers. We hope to bring a new momentum into the open source world by introducing several innovations we've been working on.