Uploading a material
PBR or procedural?
Cycles procedural materials save memory. This might be crucial with GPU rendering. These materials are harder or impossible to convert to other engines.
PBR materials can be more easily transferred to other render engines. Please ensure to use the recommended basic setup and also to check your Normal map standard when uploading materials.
- Select the object which has the material assigned and make the material active in the material window.
- Fill in category, name, style, description and tags. Don't use numbers in the name. Use exact description of your material, this helps users to find it more easily.
- Check material scaling:
- For textured materials, fill in texture size in meters. E.g. if there is 5 ceramic tiles on the texture and you know each tile is 40 cm, then texture size will be 5*0.4 = 2 meters.
- For procedural materials, test your material with a mesh that has Auto texture coordinates turned off and texture space scale of 1:1:1
- Check ‘pure PBR’ if the material is pure PBR.
- Render a thumbnail with the auto thumbnailer. For translucent / sss materials, try to use the thumbnail object size property. In cases the autothumbnailer doesn’t work for you, you can render your own thumbnail - minimum 512x512 PNG, preferably without background.
- Upload your material!
- Expect Validation of your asset in your email.