Broken add-on installation
Auto updater can occasionally fail and you can end up with a broken add-on installation. Follow these steps:
- Disable the add-on in preferences.
- Try to hit the 'Remove button'. If this step fails, restart your computer and try to remove the add-on again. If this also doesn't work, check in add-on preferences - 'File:' parameter. Go to the folder and delete the whole blenderkit folder.
- Then please try a clean install downloaded from the download page
First check if you have a firewall active, and try the connection with firewall switched off. If it's the firewall, try to whitelist Blender and/or Python.exe
If it wasn't the firewall, you can try proxy settings:
- First try setting NONE option for Proxy settings in BlenderKit add-on. This might help especially if you have VPN/Proxy on your system.
- If you are using VPN/Proxy and the above option didn't help, try setting CUSTOM and fill in your VPN/Proxy settings.
Sometimes firewall, network settings, or other issues can prevent smooth login.
A way to solve it is to copy the API key from your profile:
And paste it into the 'API Key' field in Blender add-on preferences.
If BlenderKit still doesn't work, you should somehow add an exception to your firewall, or ask your company computer administrator if you are connecting from your work.
If you have another problem, please report the error to us. We try to resolve all bugs as quickly as we can.