Release notes v3.3.1
We are happy to announce the release of BlenderKit v188.8.131.52122. As much as we love to bring you the great new features we also know that the devil is in the details. And so this release mostly focuses on minor improvements and fixes:
- the add-on now checks not only for connection but also for health of BlenderKit server and shows its status in form of icon in the search bar
- due to DDOS attacks BlenderKit server now limits max number of requests in time window, this should not affect users of add-on but if it does the add-on will show an informative message
- we improved logging of errors in the daemon to be more informative
- resolution uploads were failing in rare cases which is now fixed
- token refreshment was broken due to missing code_verifier variable, which is not a case anymore
- appending assets of same name is not leading to conflicts anymore
- removed spammy error message ‘request failed’ on the startup when user was not logged in - the add-on now tries to get profile information only for logged in users
- fixed the 'missing operator' messages
- fixed broken asset import in Blender 3.4.0-beta and 3.5.0-alpha
- improved automated tests: Blender nightly build URLs are now loaded dynamically, which helps us to find incoming bugs sooner
So don't hesitate and download new version and let us know your feedback.
Also we're still celebrating our birthday if you didn't know and you still have the chance to buy our subscription for lower price. Getting all the cool assets from the Full Plan has never been easier. So don't hesitate to support your favourite artists.
See next articles
We are always busy working on our add-on, and we have a new release of our add-on for you! Know that we've rewritten a huge part of the add-on to make it work great for everyone.
We are glad to introduce the Texture Resolutions feature in Blender 2.92. If you have a small GPU memory or want to create much larger scenes, this is the feature you’ve been waiting for.
We created the first of the BlenderKit artists interviews with Julio Sillet, who has uploaded many great materials to our website.
Literally every area you step in Blender requires you to learn a lot of new tools and information, and that's why we implemented several 'shortcuts' for convenience and speed.
Stones, rocks, pieces of wood can be sometimes photoscanned. But plants are still a domain of hard-core modeling. This really takes time, skill and precision, and a lot of observation what "natural" really means.
We are trying to help you, blenderheads, to save your time while achieving best results possible. Wallpaper textures can really boost interior renders, but do you already have those on your hard drive?
As a late Christmas gift, we are releasing our BlenderKit mascot kitten for free. Now, you can make any scene insta-cute! The kitten is poseable and can be animated (by now 2.79 only, because of a hair-import bug in 2.8 beta).
BlenderKit introduces add-on for Blender 2.8. While there are still many changes in Blender happening, which may cause the add-on will work today and not tomorrow, the add-on should be mostly working fine, and we try to keep the new version updated with the latest Blender builds.
We are happy to announce the release of something we've been working on for a long time.
BlenderKit is a new online platform made for Blender users, creators, and developers. We hope to bring a new momentum into the open source world by introducing several innovations we've been working on.