BlenderKit 3.2.0 release
We're happy to announce yet another release. We believe that the difference is something you'll rather feel than seethis time, since we worked on stability, speed and UX. Our amazing creators care for the 'new' stuff in
- Radically improved speed of search: asset thumbnails are now downloaded and shown 5x faster
- Startup tips now look much better and link to detailed description in documentation
- Startup tips can also show important news from our website now.
- Hand cursor is shown over assets to signal they can be dragged and dropped
- Improved logging to the users, information and errors are now logged not only into console but also into Blender GUI
- Background daemon process for downloading now does not lag Blender if fails to start
- Online/offline status of daemon is now signaled in the Blender GUI (BlenderKit logo gets B&W when daemon offline, is in colour when is online)
- Add-on dependencies are now copied outside add-on directory, so removal of add-on will no longer fail on Windows
- Texture Limit Size is no longer reset when searching in Blender versions >= 3.3.0
- Introduced automated tests to improve code-quality and stability of the add-on
- Updated add-on dependencies for better security
- Added support for pre-releases and beta testing
- Changed versioning scheme of the add-on to: X.Y.Z.YYMMDD (Year-month-day) for better clarity during testing and beta-previews.
- Cannot remove the add-on: PermissionError: [WinError 5] Access denied
- Commodo antivirus blocking BlenderKit daemon from starting: OSError: [Errno 10013] error while attempting to bind on address - Give better feedback and tips how to resolve the problem to the users
- BlenderKit logo could signal if add-on has connection to BlenderKit.com
- Use comments api in /api/v1
- Comments validation
- Fix automap
- Fix scale
- Log out after with invalid token search
- Search timer renamed to search startup timer timer, now waits for daemon
- Improve daemon error reports, cover OSError 10013
- Fix pointer to areas in the ui code and cleanup
We also recommend to check out our GitHub page where you can find newest updates, issues page and much more. You can report us new bugs or looked through some older ones if you happen to have some problems you think somebody could have before you.
And as always don't forget to check out our gallery and support your favourite creators by commenting on their assets and using them in your scenes.
See next articles
We are always busy working on our add-on, and we have a new release of our add-on for you! Know that we've rewritten a huge part of the add-on to make it work great for everyone.
We are glad to introduce the Texture Resolutions feature in Blender 2.92. If you have a small GPU memory or want to create much larger scenes, this is the feature you’ve been waiting for.
We created the first of the BlenderKit artists interviews with Julio Sillet, who has uploaded many great materials to our website.
Literally every area you step in Blender requires you to learn a lot of new tools and information, and that's why we implemented several 'shortcuts' for convenience and speed.
Stones, rocks, pieces of wood can be sometimes photoscanned. But plants are still a domain of hard-core modeling. This really takes time, skill and precision, and a lot of observation what "natural" really means.
We are trying to help you, blenderheads, to save your time while achieving best results possible. Wallpaper textures can really boost interior renders, but do you already have those on your hard drive?
As a late Christmas gift, we are releasing our BlenderKit mascot kitten for free. Now, you can make any scene insta-cute! The kitten is poseable and can be animated (by now 2.79 only, because of a hair-import bug in 2.8 beta).
BlenderKit introduces add-on for Blender 2.8. While there are still many changes in Blender happening, which may cause the add-on will work today and not tomorrow, the add-on should be mostly working fine, and we try to keep the new version updated with the latest Blender builds.
We are happy to announce the release of something we've been working on for a long time.
BlenderKit is a new online platform made for Blender users, creators, and developers. We hope to bring a new momentum into the open source world by introducing several innovations we've been working on.