BlenderKit 3.5.0 release
The BlenderKit team is excited to present the release of BlenderKit add-on 3.5.0
This version includes a range of new features, improvements, and bug fixes that will enhance your Blender experience.
New features and improvements
- Added geometry nodes filter - it is possible to search only for assets using geometry nodes
- Added faster checks for alpha, beta, rc releases when “enable prereleases” is checked in preferences, users opting for prereleases will be notified on start of Blender if new prerelease is available
- Added networking diagnostics into daemon to allow users to debug the reasons for failing networking connection and to find the proper configuration, please contact us on Github or email for more information
- Added better reports when filepath is too long instead of cryptic error message or Index out of range error message
- Finalized the migration of network request from add-on into daemon to improve stability, performance and configurability of network connection - now all requests to Internet are asynchronous
- Improved logging configuration in daemon for better debugging and user experience
- Add-on now requires saved project for download when “local dir mode” is set and shows understandable message, not general error
- Update bundled dependencies for improved security and performance
- Removed deprecating bgl module to support thumbnail images in Blender 3.5.0 and higher
- Added support for dependencies for different versions of Python - add-on is prepared for incoming Python 3.11
- Fixed decoding error when OS uses ‘gbk’ encoding by default - improves support for users with Chinese set as OS language
- Fixed grey logo on scene load - logo is now coloured on scene load if daemon runs
- Fixed bug causing wrong link in the popup tip
- Fix UI and text inconsistencies
See next articles
Edgar Bullon is a photographer, focused on nature photogrammetry. He creates challenging yet captivating photoscans of mountain peaks, rocks and atmosphere. In the interview, he talks about his passions and work process.
Ozgen Karagol Arslan is an architect and an Archviz artist. She is the co-founder of the wonderful database ShareTextures. In the interview, she discusses her projects, aspirations and business philosophy.
We’re excited to introduce to you the latest update BlenderKit 3.8.0. With an array of enhancements and bug fixes, this release has been fine-tuned to ensure a seamless, intuitive, and robust user experience.
Soheil Mahmoudi is an inspiring CG artist. His 3D scenes are packed with incredibly realistic details of vivid nature and cozy architecture. Read more about his 3D journey in our interview. This interview was conducted by our colleague and feminist artist Alma Lilly Rayner.
Ghazal Ramezan is an amazing 3D freelance artist. Her main passion is interior design, but she is capable of modeling almost anything. Besides various models, she has also uploaded complex scenes. Ramezan is one of the few female creators active in the BlenderKit community. We hope that more women will be inspired to share their work after reading about her journey.
We are always busy working on our add-on, and we have a new release of our add-on for you! Know that we've rewritten a huge part of the add-on to make it work great for everyone.
We are glad to introduce the Texture Resolutions feature in Blender 2.92. If you have a small GPU memory or want to create much larger scenes, this is the feature you’ve been waiting for.
We created the first of the BlenderKit artists interviews with Julio Sillet, who has uploaded many great materials to our website.
Literally every area you step in Blender requires you to learn a lot of new tools and information, and that's why we implemented several 'shortcuts' for convenience and speed.
Stones, rocks, pieces of wood can be sometimes photoscanned. But plants are still a domain of hard-core modeling. This really takes time, skill and precision, and a lot of observation what "natural" really means.
We are trying to help you, blenderheads, to save your time while achieving best results possible. Wallpaper textures can really boost interior renders, but do you already have those on your hard drive?
As a late Christmas gift, we are releasing our BlenderKit mascot kitten for free. Now, you can make any scene insta-cute! The kitten is poseable and can be animated (by now 2.79 only, because of a hair-import bug in 2.8 beta).
BlenderKit introduces add-on for Blender 2.8. While there are still many changes in Blender happening, which may cause the add-on will work today and not tomorrow, the add-on should be mostly working fine, and we try to keep the new version updated with the latest Blender builds.
We are happy to announce the release of something we've been working on for a long time.
BlenderKit is a new online platform made for Blender users, creators, and developers. We hope to bring a new momentum into the open source world by introducing several innovations we've been working on.