Happy Black Birthday
BlenderKit is now three years old. It's older, but it's also wiser and a lot cooler.
Let's look at what we've accomplished in the last year.
- Over 650 artists uploaded assets to our website. That's quite a bunch!
- The artists uploaded over 12 000 assets. Over 57% of these assets are free.
- Over 200 000 artists registered to BlenderKit. Additionally, there are many more artists using the add-on without registration.
- The add-on went through many improvements.
- Many front-page design improvements, a completely new and redesigned Profile section, and the possibility of Asset management right on our webpage.
- We were also able to introduce new asset types: HDR and Scenes. Resolutions save a lot of bandwidth and memory.
- Thanks to your subscriptions, we sent over 10 500€ to the Blender Development Fund just in this year. Good job on making every Blender artist a bit happier!
- We published several tutorial videos especially for you: Activation and Basic Usage in Blender 2.9, Model upload tutorial, Material upload tutorial.
- The amazing BlenderKit community released many more tutorials: this or this and much more!
- We continuously improve our web pages, currently focusing on bringing you Comments and Notifications system. We're really looking forward to bring you more new surprises.
Don't forget to take advantage of our gift of a 25% discount on your subscription and keep it forever.
See next articles
We are always busy working on our add-on, and we have a new release of our add-on for you! Know that we've rewritten a huge part of the add-on to make it work great for everyone.
We are glad to introduce the Texture Resolutions feature in Blender 2.92. If you have a small GPU memory or want to create much larger scenes, this is the feature you’ve been waiting for.
We created the first of the BlenderKit artists interviews with Julio Sillet, who has uploaded many great materials to our website.
Literally every area you step in Blender requires you to learn a lot of new tools and information, and that's why we implemented several 'shortcuts' for convenience and speed.
Stones, rocks, pieces of wood can be sometimes photoscanned. But plants are still a domain of hard-core modeling. This really takes time, skill and precision, and a lot of observation what "natural" really means.
We are trying to help you, blenderheads, to save your time while achieving best results possible. Wallpaper textures can really boost interior renders, but do you already have those on your hard drive?
As a late Christmas gift, we are releasing our BlenderKit mascot kitten for free. Now, you can make any scene insta-cute! The kitten is poseable and can be animated (by now 2.79 only, because of a hair-import bug in 2.8 beta).
BlenderKit introduces add-on for Blender 2.8. While there are still many changes in Blender happening, which may cause the add-on will work today and not tomorrow, the add-on should be mostly working fine, and we try to keep the new version updated with the latest Blender builds.
We are happy to announce the release of something we've been working on for a long time.
BlenderKit is a new online platform made for Blender users, creators, and developers. We hope to bring a new momentum into the open source world by introducing several innovations we've been working on.