Blender 3.0 Release Notes
Blender 3.0 is out, and we have a lot of new features for you.
Be aware. You won’t find BlenderKit in Blender 3.0 by default, you now need to download our add-on from our website.
- Automatic updates - you only need to download the add-on from us 1x, you should get an automatic popup once we release a new version now. You can check from add-on preferences for add-on updates too.
- Drawing code and search parsing code are both several times faster and threads are handled better. This means much smoother interaction when the Asset bar is active.
- Asset bar is completely rewritten in a new UI library, which will help us to implement some new cool features.
- All assets support drag-drop, many UI interactions were improved. Many corner cases have popup info.
- Drag-drop is available also from the popup menu.
- Search filters and categories are available from header UI too, several filters were added
- HDRs are now by default filtered so that only real HDRs are shown. All other low-dynamic-range panoramas can be enabled by disabling the filter.
- Search by manufacturer, designer, design collection from right-click menu.
- Notifications! You’ll get notifications once you’re logged in. By now we’ll use this to send you important messages. The first notification you’ll find in the notifications is the one mentioning us moving from official Blender releases.
See next articles
We are always busy working on our add-on, and we have a new release of our add-on for you! Know that we've rewritten a huge part of the add-on to make it work great for everyone.
We are glad to introduce the Texture Resolutions feature in Blender 2.92. If you have a small GPU memory or want to create much larger scenes, this is the feature you’ve been waiting for.
We created the first of the BlenderKit artists interviews with Julio Sillet, who has uploaded many great materials to our website.
Literally every area you step in Blender requires you to learn a lot of new tools and information, and that's why we implemented several 'shortcuts' for convenience and speed.
Stones, rocks, pieces of wood can be sometimes photoscanned. But plants are still a domain of hard-core modeling. This really takes time, skill and precision, and a lot of observation what "natural" really means.
We are trying to help you, blenderheads, to save your time while achieving best results possible. Wallpaper textures can really boost interior renders, but do you already have those on your hard drive?
As a late Christmas gift, we are releasing our BlenderKit mascot kitten for free. Now, you can make any scene insta-cute! The kitten is poseable and can be animated (by now 2.79 only, because of a hair-import bug in 2.8 beta).
BlenderKit introduces add-on for Blender 2.8. While there are still many changes in Blender happening, which may cause the add-on will work today and not tomorrow, the add-on should be mostly working fine, and we try to keep the new version updated with the latest Blender builds.
We are happy to announce the release of something we've been working on for a long time.
BlenderKit is a new online platform made for Blender users, creators, and developers. We hope to bring a new momentum into the open source world by introducing several innovations we've been working on.