Happy Black Birthday 2022
How old is this BlenderKit? 4? That's 32 years according to the cat age calculator!* That would be the amount of work we had with our service.
So what's happened in the last year? First let's check the stats:
- We've had over a thousand creators! We welcome all newcomers!
- These creators have already stuffed our database with 19,000 assets. The percentage of assets that are free has risen to 58% this year.
- There are already over 382,000 of you registered. Should we even try to count that anymore?
- We've sent $33,400 to the Blender Development Fund this year.
And what's new on BlenderKit?
- BlenderKit add-on has succesfully moved out of Blender.
- We've almost completely rewritten the add-on. It's more stable and faster. There are new search filters.
- You can comment on assets (on the server and in the add-on), and we also approve assets through comments now. We also started using comments in our asset validation process
- We released our affiliate program.
- Recurring payments can be paid via PayPal now.
- We have held the BlenderKit Winter contest.
We're making some improvements to the gallery on the site, and we're finally getting an improved scoring system. We're also hoping to show a little surprise we're working on during the Blender Conference.
Don't forget to take advantage of our gift of a 25% discount on your subscription and keep it forever.
See next articles
We are always busy working on our add-on, and we have a new release of our add-on for you! Know that we've rewritten a huge part of the add-on to make it work great for everyone.
We are glad to introduce the Texture Resolutions feature in Blender 2.92. If you have a small GPU memory or want to create much larger scenes, this is the feature you’ve been waiting for.
We created the first of the BlenderKit artists interviews with Julio Sillet, who has uploaded many great materials to our website.
Literally every area you step in Blender requires you to learn a lot of new tools and information, and that's why we implemented several 'shortcuts' for convenience and speed.
Stones, rocks, pieces of wood can be sometimes photoscanned. But plants are still a domain of hard-core modeling. This really takes time, skill and precision, and a lot of observation what "natural" really means.
We are trying to help you, blenderheads, to save your time while achieving best results possible. Wallpaper textures can really boost interior renders, but do you already have those on your hard drive?
As a late Christmas gift, we are releasing our BlenderKit mascot kitten for free. Now, you can make any scene insta-cute! The kitten is poseable and can be animated (by now 2.79 only, because of a hair-import bug in 2.8 beta).
BlenderKit introduces add-on for Blender 2.8. While there are still many changes in Blender happening, which may cause the add-on will work today and not tomorrow, the add-on should be mostly working fine, and we try to keep the new version updated with the latest Blender builds.
We are happy to announce the release of something we've been working on for a long time.
BlenderKit is a new online platform made for Blender users, creators, and developers. We hope to bring a new momentum into the open source world by introducing several innovations we've been working on.